We are looking for an Oracle Application Express (APEX) Developer to build and deploy APEX applications.
- Participate in Application development projects or Proof of Value (POV) activities alongside various sales / consulting teams
- Translate business requirements into deliverable solutions
- Accurately and clearly document all project work done and provide all documentation in a timely manner
-Comfortable engaging at all levels within organizations
Ideal candidate should have:
-5 or more years of experience in developing web applications using Oracle APEX;
- Experience installing and configuring APEX and the APEX Listener / ORDS;
- Good Oracle Database development experience including SQL, PL/SQL, configuration, modeling etc.
- Good understanding of application development lifecycle using Open Source tools, e.g. Jenkins/Chef/Puppet/GitHub
- Good understanding of Oracle’s Cloud products (PaaS and SaaS) is highly preferred
- Possession of industry recognized certifications in (e.g. OCA or similar) is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
To be successful in this role the candidate should have:
- Aptitude to learn new technologies/techniques quickly and efficiently
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to explore different alternatives and options to resolve technical challenges
- Can compose ideas in a clear and concise manner written and/or spoken in English, as the role will support United States based Sales team
- Be a team player who can work well with others
- Good organizational and planning skills with a demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion
- Self-motivated and self-starter
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships