The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
Reporting to the programming team lead, the candidate will be part of an international team working on the Motion middleware inside Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
Motion is a real time physics engine able to simulate soft (Motion Cloth) and rigid (Motion Physics) bodies, composed of an SDK and associated tools/editors.
This middleware is integrated in most of Ubisoft’s AAA games and supports home consoles and PCs.
The main tasks of an Engine Programmer are to:
- Actively participate in the design and evolution of APIs & tools according to the team’s roadmap
- Develop, integrate and build tests for those APIs & tools
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
- Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help integrate the SKD and tools in their production pipeline and optimize the performance
- Correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and features
- The work is done following the SCRUM methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- Good spoken/written English
- Highly experienced in C++ programming
- Good knowledge of algorithms and OOP
- Strong 3D math skills
- Knowledge of (game) physic will be a plus
- Good knowledge of C# and WPF will be a plus
- Previous experience working on game consoles will be a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Attention to details
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Fast learner
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
• We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
• If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
• You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
• If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
• Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.