Basic Qualifications : 1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Technology or Business.2. Minimum of four years of experience in a Program / Project management or Operations role.
3. Minimum of two years of experience and knowledge of process improvement tools, methods, and techniques. Basic QualificationsJob Description ADS ACES Program Manager II (Level 5) Interested in Amazon Echo?
Come work on it! At the Alexa Data Services (ADS) division of Amazon, we are building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo family of products as well as other Alexa voice-
enable products and services. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people, so come join us! This role is part of the Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) team and will work closely with all areas of ADS Operations, Knowledge Management, Quality Management, Customer Data Programs, Technology and others, to identify and address potential process improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, efficiency, cost-
saving, waste reduction, etc. The ADS ACES team acts as a catalyst to reengineer, improve and optimize the processes, solutions and services that support our vision of becoming the premier on-
demand data labeling platform for all machine-learning technologies both internal and external to Amazon. The ACES Program Manager will manage programs launched to improve key aspects of operational excellence through streamlining of business processes, identification of process gaps and reduction of waste (continuous improvement programs).
This role will manage and monitor program schedules, progress and risks to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and according to the customer’s specifications.
To that end, she / he will maintain, adjust and update project plans as needed, consolidate, communicate and ensure resolution of all issues, and develop and collect performance metrics to measure the effects and results of the improvement initiative and its return on investment.
This role will partner with other ADS functions as needed to design, develop and implement solutions to help ADS achieve its goal of increasing customer satisfaction while reducing the cost of doing business.
Key responsibilities associated with this position include the following : 1. Program Management : a. Delivers moderately complex medium to large scale new process improvement from initiation through delivery, in accordance with the established ACES program management methodology.
b. Ensures that multiple projects meet specified timelines and deliver expected results, escalating when / where appropriate.
c. Gathers requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritizes features, and drives technical scoping as needed.
Analyzes problems, identify issues, summarize findings and recommend courses of actions. And once the solution or process optimization is implemented, monitors customer satisfaction and ROI.
d. Serves as primary escalation point for project team members; owns and tracks issues to ensure that they are addressed, documented, and resolved.
e. Facilitates discussions and resolves conflict within integrated project teams and stakeholders, while effectively leads project teams.
2. Process Improvement : a. Develops continuous improvement charters, scopes of work, plans, and schedules for continuous improvement programs.
b. Supports cross functional teams on their continuous improvement journey by guiding them through an understanding of Lean Six-
Sigma concepts, CI methodology, Kaizen events and other process improvements methods to drive key KPIs in cost, delivery and quality.
c. Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and maximize asset utilization through application of Lean concepts.
d. Expertly performs process and value stream mapping and train others.e. Conducts process analysis and trending using continuous improvement tools and techniques.
f. Provides mechanisms to capture baseline data before and after improvements are made.g. Supports cultural assessments and culture shifts / changes that may impact business process cycles.
h. Assesses organizations and processes for potential and proposed continuous improvement initiatives and projects (map / gap, value stream mapping).
i. Performs critical thinking and problem solving evaluating alternatives, and identifies solutions using systematic, multi-
step approaches.j. Develops innovative solutions that improve project performance and uses cost-benefit analyses in decision-
making.ADS-OTPPreferred Qualifications : 1. Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from a reputed institute or organization.
2. Advanced degree / Master’s Degree (Engineering, Science, Business) from an accredited university.3. Prior experience on working with statistical tools like JMP, Minitab etc.
4. Ability to influence stakeholders across the organization without direct reporting lines.5. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project roadmaps.
6. Change agent with the ability to lead change across all levels of the organization.7. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills along with outstanding facilitation skills.
8. Ability to interpret, analyze, and understand complex data sets.9. Experience working as part of a global team with multiple time zones and geographically disperse resources.
10. Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.11. Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
12. Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize work.