Established in 2005, Birch Mountain Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer with over 350 employees throughout the Fort McMurray region. Operating from its main operations in Fort McKay, BME provides vac, water, waste, fuel, and flat bed hauling services to industrial and commercial customers.
When you join our team, you join a family of employees dedicated to a safe, enjoyable, and positive work environment. We offer competitive wages and seek candidates that are seeking secure, long-term employment.
Operating from our Fort McKay main shop, this position involves shop and field repairs to our fleet of heavy-duty highway trucks. Candidates shall have knowledge on all aspects of heavy spec trucks with preference given to those that possess experience with water, vac, high pressure and flusher units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Install new or replacement parts according to manufacturer and/or truck specification
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure work completed meets manufacturers’ specification and AB Transportation regulations
- Completion of repair documentation including but not limited to work order, field level risk assessment, and hazard identification
- Follow instructions for tasks assigned by shop supervisor
- Complete daily housekeeping of assigned area or service vehicle to ensure maintenance of company image
- Attend daily tool box and safety meetings as scheduled and adhere to corporate and site safety regulations and procedures.
- Must be certified as a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician (min 3 years heavy truck experience)
- Possess valid driver’s license (min class 5) with clean abstract
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of heavy truck repair including, but not limited to hydraulic, electronic, suspension and computer diagnosis
- Previous or related experience with water, vac and steam trucks preferred
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- OSSA (or OSSA BSO) and CSTS certification
- Must successfully pass BME pre-employment evaluation, D&A and fit for duty pre-employment screening
- Company Health Benefits (eligible after 90 days)
- LOA (eligible after 90 days) for local candidates
- Group Retirements Savings Plan (RSP) (eligible after 180 days)
We thank you for your interest in Birch Mountain and remind all candidates that only successful applicants will be contacted. Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to local candidates.
For more information about Birch Mountain Enterprises, visit www.bmel.ca
Powered by JazzHR