The Global IT APEX Solutions team seeks an Oracle Application Express Developer skilled in the design, delivery and ongoing support of Oracle APEX Applications. The APEX Solutions team is responsible for the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from project inception, through implementation, through ongoing support of the systems that support core functions related (but not limited) to Enterprise Services, Employee Services, Risk Management, Finance & Human Resources, General Administration etc.
The ideal candidate will be energized by solving problems in new and innovative ways. Candidates must be comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and have the ability to engage with stakeholders to identify minimal viable product for frequent delivery of new technology solutions.
• Designing, developing, testing and documenting new APEX applications and supporting/enhancing existing APEX applications.
• Perform system analysis and system development tasks. Analyse functional business requirements to develop solutions and create technical specifications.
• Partner with business analysts, fellow IT Resources and end users to evaluate business requirements, minimal viable product requirements, and deliver required features/functions.
• Collaborate with IT business units to ensure best practices are adhered to and that security and architecture requirements are fulfilled.
• Understand existing design/process of applications and data integrations, troubleshoot issues based on requirements.
• Continuously identify opportunities for application improvements, performance tuning and resolving root cause issues.
• Adhere to data architecture guidance and IT best practices such as the SDLC (software development lifecycle).
• Demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting and data analysis skills to solve complex issues or problems.
• In addition have excellent verbal and written skills specifically in documentation to transform them into detailed system technical design documents with an approach within a technical design documentation.
• BA/BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the Information Technology field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience with Oracle APEX, including more recent releases such as 18.x.
• In-depth knowledge of logical/physical database design and strong experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
• Good to strong awareness of database interconnectivity and data transfer methods such as REST and JSON.
• Experience designing, adapting and implementing technical solutions that are aligned with business strategy.
• Ability to work independently while engaging the customer and providing information to the broader solutions team.
• Collaborate with other IT application owners and leaders to communicate, share and implement best practices.
• Maintain and enforce APEX, SQL and PL/SQL development coding standards.
• Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external teams.
• Able to design, develop, test and deploy web applications with little supervision.
• Thorough understanding of application development project lifecycle and methodologies used.
• Comfortable working with and supporting end users questions/requests.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask multiple projects or competing requests.
• Strong attention to detail, troubleshooting skills and solution orientated mind set.
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, potentially including weekends.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).