Founded in 2007, Netcity is a growing provider of passive telecommunications infrastructure within the Bucharest area. Netcity acts as “the-carrier-of-carriers”, being the operating company for the city’s underground fiber optics and ducts telecommunications network. Its activities include design, building and operation of the network for the entire Bucharest area. Netcity is member of E-INFRA Group of Companies, a holding entity involved in building and providing critical infrastructure as a national leader in cross-sector integrated services that combine expertise in constructions, telecom and energy infra.
We are looking for a new member to add to our team. As a Back-End Web Developer you will be responsible with developing, improving and optimizing the back-end programming of complex web applications. You will work in a fast-paced environment and will deliver projects to tight deadlines, enjoying the variety of turning around smaller design tasks in addition to larger more complex initiatives.
• Developing Internet applications based on client-server technology
• Developing deadline applications, according to certain specifications
• Write clean, solid and scalable code, build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure implemented code meets standard methodologies
• Review designs and suggest alternatives to the user flow or experience to reduce complexity of the build.
• Working on the back-end programming
• Collaborate with front-end developer, QA and the team lead to complete team objectives
• Learn and master various web services and technologies
• Discuss the design and feature requirements with the product team
• Contribute to the architecture and design decisions of the products
• Excellent knowledge of PHP and Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
• Excellent knowledge of MySQL and database design
• Knowledge of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3, experience with jQuery and integration to PHP is a plus
• Solid knowledge of MVC design pattern
• Experience working with popular web frameworks like CodeIgniter, Symphony or Laravel is an advantage
• Good understanding of SOLID principles and clean coding standards
• Excellent knowledge in Software testing (back-end) and a knack for troubleshooting and problem solving
• API Communication (REST APIs/OAuth like Facebook, Twitter, …)
• Familiarity using popular version control software like Git / BitBucket (source control)
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
• Comfortable developing in a WAMP (or LAMP/LEMP) - style environment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work under occasional pressure (releases, deadlines, market changes)
• Impeccable organizational skills and the ability to think on your feet and use your initiative.
• Strong interpersonal skills, positive and self-motivated personality, rigorous, fast learner and resourceful
• Room for own ideas and improvements to the product.
• 3+ years web development experience and app development required.
• Strong knowledge of web development tools and programming languages.
• Supply any examples of projects completed, some relevant experience or a portfolio of projects you've worked on is a plus.
• flexible and comfortable working environment (remote / work from home strongly embraced)
• dynamic and challenging multiple ongoing projects (mature infrastructure app to be upgraded, new Smart City projects initiated)
Powered by JazzHR