This position is for Solaris and Network domain that is part of Global Support Service organization (GSS). As a member of the system support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support of Solaris operating System product, to the Oracle global customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales technical customer Service Requests via electronic and phone means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and trouble shooting of Solaris Operating System product.
Collaborate with colleagues on identifying product defects and driving them to resolution following Oracle's support processes.
Close cooperation with other Technical Support groups to resolve highly complex in teroperability issues.
Work with Oracle's Product Engineering groups if needed.
Participate in the early hour-of-day coverage as well as late hour-of-day coverage as warranted.
Participate in the rota for weekend cover.
Display and maintain high level of professionalism all times.
Provide post-sales Solaris and/or networking support to Oracle customers
Display and maintain high level of professional behavior at all times.
Assist in ensuring Oracle Services meet Customer Satisfaction goals.
Work shift patterns including Weekend rota
Provide problem isolation and resolution.
Create knowledge documentation as necessary to assist with possible future problem resolution.
Act as an interface with Support, Sales and Professional Services organizations to ensure proper support delivery is available for customer needs.
Ensure proper implementation of Corporate programs and processes.
Work closely with all levels of customer and external engineers and management on the most complex problems.
Perceived by customers to be the highest level of technical support Oracle Services has to offer
Prioritize workload and advance technical problems where appropriate to the next level of expertise
Effectively prioritize and manage personal list of outstanding customer queries.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Good understanding of the concepts of system architectures, operating systems.
- Knowledge of Linux/Solaris.
- Broad knowledge on additional Oracle products and third party ones.
- Understanding of Operating system performance analysis.
- Knowledge of file systems
- Understanding of Sun's Hardware and Software architecture.
- Ability to read and understand source code.
- Positive attitude to a support role.
- Good team player and communicator working in a global environment.
- Self motivated working style.
- Skills in troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Good customer interaction and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English Language communication skills.
- Additional languages is a plus.
- At least 3 of the following Solaris / Linux technologies:
- Oracle VM Server for Sparc ( former known as LDOM's )
- Installation technologies ( Liveupgrade, Patching, Archives, Image Packaging System, Automated Installer )
- Printing / CUPS
- Service Management Facility
- Ability to write and understand shell script and c-code
- Solaris 11 knowledge and certification is an Advantage
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree + technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).