Your main mission
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to support the growth and maturity of our applied Machine Learning projects.
You will be part of an international Enterprise Data team (located in Bucharest, Paris, Montréal, and San Francisco) in charge of the Finance and Sales reporting solutions at group level, but will be working closely with the Machine Learning / Data Science teams and build services, workflows, tools, to lead projects from the early concepts to prototypes, and from prototypes to a scalable production-level implementation.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models/objects to provide the input for the data pipelines catering to the Machine Learning products.
- Design, implement and optimize data pipelines: data ingestion and modeling, feature engineering, data format and pipeline architecture, into streamlined workflows that can run at scale, in a distributed storage / computing environment.
- Test the solutions implemented and analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root cause
- Ensure that formal documentation is produced for all development projects
What you’ll bring as experience
- Knowledge and significant experience in data pipeline tools / languages such as Spark, Python, Kafka, Airflow, etc.
- Knowledge and significant experience in Databases, storages and data warehousing: SQL (Snowflake or Teradata or SQL Server or PostgreSQL, etc.), NoSQL (Hive or Druid or Cassandra) or specialized (ElasticSearch or Graph or Redis). Writing SQL code to support ETL processes on any major RDBMS
- Knowledge and experience with ETL tools (Informatica PowerCenter or SSIS or IBM Datastage or Abinitio or other major ETL tool)
- Experience in Cloud-native applications
- Strong autonomy and will to create tools from the ground up. Also, strong interest (ideally experience) in the machine learning field
- Strong communication skills (English mandatory)
- Ideally: solid programming skills, to be able to streamline data science code
- Agile methodology knowledge
- Experience with reporting and analytics presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy, Tableau etc.
- Knowledge in Back End, Processing and workflows (Containers, Orchestrators, CI/CD, APIs, Messaging, Logging, Tracing)
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams, and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes, and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education, and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We have salaries to motivate you, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets to use them wherever you want and free access to relaxing and fitness room.
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.