Tradeshift’s international presence is growing, and as such, the need to build out our accounting team in Bucharest has grown. Presently the department consists of three colleagues in Bucharest and we have strong collaboration with the team in the U.S.
The senior accountant is responsible for the financial health of our organization, developing financial reports as well as strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of the organization.
What a day is like:
- Execute Finance Month End Close (MEC) processes (book accruals, prepaid amortization journals, fixed assets amortization, etc. and prepare MEC workbook with an emphasis on reviewing the accounting entries)
- Conduct accounts reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making
- Review/book/issue invoices or bills related to intercompany transactions;
- Review payroll related entries (vacation, bonus, commissions, benefits, etc.);
- Book cost allocation by departments;
- Participate in finance reviews with the local and US team
- VAT preparation for EMEA
- Statistical reports for EMEA
- Reconciliation of statutory accounting with US GAAP
- Bank reconciliation
- Credit card accounting calculation and booking
- Various ad hoc analysis and requests
- Assist with statutory and group annual audit related tasks
- Provide guidance for more junior colleagues
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are a flexible and proactive person, with good team working skills as well as the ability to work autonomously on assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or related area
- Typically 5+ years' previous experience in an accounting role
- Excellent computer skills in general, especially Excel; Mac OS and Google Sheets would be an asset, but not a requirement
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Driven and enthusiastic personality
- Able to make decisions and communicate with higher level management
- Able to work to deadlines and targets
- Fluent English speaker (both written and spoken)
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!