We are looking for a C++ Developer to join our team from Technology Group (TG), which is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in almost all Ubisoft games.
You will be part of an international team working on developing TG’s DTest middleware.
DTest is a framework and suite of tools, which provides a distributed testing foundation for applications developed in C++ or C#. With DTest you can build, execute, debug and track complex test scenarios that require multiple agents and events coordination within a single test.
DTest is currently used by almost all Ubisoft AAA titles, like Rainbow 6, Watch Dogs, FarCry, For Honor, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon, Steep, The Division and others.
The project is organized as an internal open source project, we use GIT and we heavily encourage client contributions. It’s also a very dynamic project with little legacy code, using a wide range of new technologies and software architectures. Our team follows agile methodologies.
The main tasks of a C++ Developer are to:
- Contribute to the framework and tools development
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help them integrate and use the API and tools in their production pipeline
- Keep track on the product and ensure that it meets business requirements and goals
- Fulfill the end user requirements
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
- Make recommendation for the product development by carrying out proper researches
- Minimize the impact of integration on various existing processes
- Document his work in order to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from remote locations) to understand how to use the new systems and features
- Communicate with other software developers to address any problem in the program logic
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or computer engineering, or equivalent
- Good spoken & written English
- Very good knowledge of C++ programming
- Very good knowledge of algorithms and OOP
- Previous experience with client-server applications and/or web services will be a plus
- Previous experience with front-end and/or back-end development will be a plus
- Previous experience with micro services will be a plus
Skills and knowledge:
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Attention to details
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Fast learner
- Open to changes and continuously learning
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
• We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
• If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
• You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
• If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
• Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.