Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems.
The main responsibility of the role is to manage and resolve Service Requests logged by customers (internal and external) on Oracle products and contribute to proactive support activities according to product support strategy and model.
• Owning and resolving problems and managing customer expectations throughout the Service Request lifecycle in accordance with global standards
• Working towards, adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (diagnostic methodology, health checks, scripting tools, etc.)
• Contributing to Knowledge Management content creation and maintenance
• Working with development on product improvement programs (testing, SRP, BETA programs etc) as required
• Operating within Oracle business processes and procedures
• Respond and resolve customer issues within Key Performance Indicator targets
• Maintaining product expertise within the team
• Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products released in the market for supported product
• Participate in weekend rotations and shifts
• Work with development specialist in order to fix code issues
• Interact with experienced database specialists from various business areas
• Be up to date with the latest system configurations and product releasesQualifications
• Proven professional and technical experience
• 3+ years of experience in database, network or system administrator role
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English as well as in local language
• Database administration and SQL: Oracle or other systems (DB2, SqlServer, etc …) and/or Operating system knowledge (Unix, Linux and/or Windows)
Following technical skills are a plus:
• Programming in C, Java, Perl and/or SQL/PL-SQL
• Understanding of Oracle Enterprise Manager features including
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).