Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Ubisoft is natively data-driven: from the core of our games to our marketing actions, we’re leveraging data and algorithms.
Your main mission
Committed to inclusivity Ubisoft is expanding the Subject Matter Expert (SME) team to include a number of Accessibility MSE’s. As an Accessibility SME you are responsible for ensuring websites and mobile applications comply with accessibility standards and requirements as well as being a champion for accessibility advocacy and change within Ubisoft.
You will liaise with SME, development, and design teams to help coordinate Ubisoft’s accessibility testing to ensure websites and mobile applications are accessible and usable for our disabled customers.
As an accessibility champion, you advocate for accessibility helping to embed accessibility into the project lifecycle and facilitate long-term change.
What you’ll do
- Conduct automated and manual Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 assessments of new products and existing website and mobile applications.
- Assist project teams with understanding how WCAG and accessibility activities fit within the project life cycle so products can be compliant and testing time be reduced.
- Work proactively with development teams to troubleshoot and resolve accessibility issues in a timely manner.
- Report test results and manage to follow up including validating fixes, updating bug tracking tools and managing the backlog, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with accessibility evaluation tools and techniques and communicate changes and updates to teams.
- Contribute to improvements in current QC processes to ensure accessibility is embedded into testing protocols and processes.
- Document and keep up to date internal processes and test plans for web and mobile testing to ensure compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA and Section 508.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Knowledge of digital accessibility and inclusion and knowledge of digital accessibility regulations & Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 Level A and AA requirements. (e.g., Section 508, ADA).
- Knowledge of desktop and mobile assistive technologies (e.g. JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack, Dragon Naturally Speaking, ZoomText).
- Knowledge of platform accessibility API’s (MSAA/UIAutomation, IAccessible2, OSX Accessibility Protocol (AXAPI), NSAccessibility, Android Accessibility Framework).
- Experience with code and accessibility inspection & evaluation tools (e.g., Axe core, ARC Toolkit, WAVE, Tenon.io, Developer Tools, Accessibility Inspector).
- Ability to prioritize tickets based on conformance requirements with WCAG.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams, and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes, and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education, and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We have salaries to motivate you, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets to use them wherever you want and free access to relaxing and fitness room.
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.