Learnlight is an EdTech company that provides language, intercultural and soft skills training to leading companies and organizations around the world. We deliver blended virtual, blended
face-to-face, and digital solutions to 100,000+ learners in 1500+ clients across 150+ countries. We specialize in the digital transformation of learning programs and the empowerment of talent to excel in an increasingly complex global environment.
We are looking for a passionate learning professional and visionary thinker with the clarity and drive to shape the future of learning. This role reports to our Development Manager. Along with the expected competencies and skills listed below, those fit for this role will possess the Learnlight values of commitment, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Design, implement and monitor best practise engineering principles, policies and processes to aid and improve Engineering performance and overall Product lifecycle
- Share responsibility of the multiple development streams
- Coordinate with multi-discipline teams to drive Engineering excellence
- Share responsibility for the planning, management, execution and implementation of platform integrations, new features and current functionality
- Report on Project status and communicate blockers
- Take the lead with a profound understanding of new and relevant technologies to realise and materialise the potential of the platform
- Optimize application of engineering resources in order to meet product development and consumer requirements
Other responsibilities as appropriate or assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence, mentoring, and team fostering abilities.
- The ability to show courtesy, kindness, and empathy to others.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in layman terms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an effective attention to detail.
- Comfort in speaking with customers & end-users of the platform should the need arise.
- Customer and results oriented focus.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, low level tracing abilities.
- C1 or higher level of English required.
- Other languages as relevant to position desired.
- Microsoft Office 365 required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years working with cloud architectures required.
- Experience in the following Technologies:
- .NET & .NET-Core
- NodeJS (desirable)
- SQL & No-SQL
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Microservices architecture
- Serverless architecture
- Relational and document-oriented databases
- Familiarity with scripting against cloud APIs (beneficial: python, BASH, ruby, etc.
- Central Logging Stack software desired.
- Experience with multiple lifecycle applications desired.
- People-Powered Culture: We have a flat, modern, meritocratic culture that values enthusiasm, initiative, and commitment above all else.
- Flexible Working: Learnlight is a fully distributed virtual business with staff in 30+ countries and offices in 9 European cities, so you get to choose where you work.
- Learning & Development: Personalized language and soft skills training; ongoing professional development talks and masterclasses; frequent coaching and constructive feedback.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Learnlight fosters an open, positive, and diverse community which welcomes talent regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
- Community events: We offer a range of social events including Virtual Drinks, Book Club, Tea Time, and in-person departmental and All Company meetups.
- Location: Office or Home-based (or a mix)
- Contract: Full-time, Freelance
- Schedule: +/-2-3 hours of European time zones
Powered by JazzHR