All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
We are expanding our Cloud Applications development team in Bucharest, looking for an engineer with experience in Kafka, Kubernetes and other cloud technologies.
This is your chance to use and expand your skills in Requirements Engineering, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing & Troubleshooting.
You will work directly with the product manager, in a multinational team of talented engineers, designers and architects, to deliver a product that aims to outperform and outsell its competition.
We offer great career perspectives in a challenging work environment, access to industry leading training & certification and competitive salaries.
We are using the Agile engineering methodology to design, develop and troubleshoot mission critical software with huge data sets, very high up-time requirements and a distributed architecture.
We are looking for people
• having a deep understanding of web application architectures, Kafka, and Micro Services
• with experience automating infrastructure provisioning, and/or continuous integration/delivery and cloud-based delivery models
• with knowledge of common open source server side infrastructure such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, OpenAPI/Swagger, etc.
• who can think "out of the box" and challenge the status-quo
• who like to be challenged technically and can take ownership of problems, seeing them through to completion
• able to work individually, integrate in the global team and are capable of leading one.
• analyze the requirements and define the specifications
• design the solution and present it to the architecture group
• develop software according to the specifications and follow up through all the processes to deploy to production
• writing unit tests and integration tests
• provide leadership and expertise in the design of new products, services and processes
• drive the adoption of modern technologies and development tools
• recommend and justify changes to existing products, services and processes
• improve the standards for unit testing, regression testing, coverage and code audit
• apply, improve and expand the coding standards for our group
• be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve cloud technical challenges, with focus on Cloud networking design.
Come work in a rewarding and stimulating environment.
Join our team in Bucharest today!
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire