Key Tasks / Responsibilities
• Provide support globally for IFC8 related issues on Oracle Hospitality applications (Hotels and F&B)
• Provide technical guidance on the IFC8 product, to:
- Customer Success Managers
- Product Managers
- Other internal resources where required
• Identify and report back root cause and resolution of major incidents to avoid recurring issues
• Adhere to Global Support standards
• Prepare incident reports when required
• Liaise with Development, Cloud Operations and Product teams
• Participate in internal and external meetings as required
• Participate in building Oracle knowledgebase
• Report back to line manager in setting strategic departmental goals based on company objectives.
• Participate in cross-division training programs to strengthen IFC8 knowledge within the Global application support teams as well as to extend the application knowledge within the Global IFC team
• Work with global product teams on customer escalations to get issues analyzed, sustainable solutions developed and implemented
• Committed to the delivery of outstanding service to customers
• Proven communication and presentation skills through previous interaction with customers and peers.
• Strong experience in issue resolution, issue prioritization, customer management and technical account management.
• Strong experience in tracking customer issues through to resolution and providing regular status reports to customers and internal teams.
• Excellent general IT skills and strong knowledge of current technologies.
• Good knowledge of MICROS applications (Hotel and/or F&B) is beneficial.
• Knowledge of the hospitality and IT industry is essential.
• Good networking knowledge is essential.
• Past experience offering solutions and process improvement.
• Degree (or technical equivalent) is required.
• Must have 2 or more years of technical or professional experience (preferably in a support environment).
• Fluent in English, Italian
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
In this role, you will provide guidance and real time resolution on a wide range of technical and non-technical customer issues including, but not limited to: product compatibility and configuration, license reconciliation, support entitlements and validation, invoice and shipping inquiries, electronic support troubleshooting and product availability. Also, you will be the point of contact for new customers, introducing and educating them on Oracle as a whole. You will also have the opportunity to gain knowledge of specific product areas within our core technologies and/or applications.
Prior working knowledge of or the desire to quickly learn about Oracle Financials, Oracle Service, ITS, Imaging, GSR, the World Wide Web, internal knowledgebase, MSOffice tools and our Electronic Support Service Offerings. In addition, you will need to understand the use of operating systems, hardware environments, software, networking, Oracle products and how they all interrelate in a customer environment. Bachelors degree, an ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, demonstrate prior abilities to be an effective team player, and will demonstrate commitment to ensuring customer success.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).