Pay Validations and Compliance Team:
Tradeshift supply chain platform brings sellers and buyers the future with digital marketplaces, payments, and apps. Our team owns the payment business and compliance for e-commerce documents which is a core part of the platform. We develop software that allows sellers to provide goods and services through the Tradeshift network. We maintain and expand apps and services that enable our customers to enroll larger volumes of invoices in electronic format, in order for them to obtain a higher degree of digitalisation. We strive to make digital the default for every process, every document, all over the world.
As an experienced Fullstack Engineer you will take ownership of backend and frontend code for business validations and compliance of e-commerce documents, bringing direct value to our users, discuss and review code, architecture and design, and regularly challenge and improve the process. You will get a unique opportunity to develop your talent, as our challenges constantly evolve within our team.
We believe in team growth, ownership, development and quality assurance. You will have a manager and a team helping you grow, amazing company culture and perks. Your involvement will start from product inception through architecture, design, development, deployment and operational support.
Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
What a day is like:
- You will be working with product managers and designers in a global environment to define and ship a new product experience, migrate existing legacy code to new apps backed by microservices, create new apps and new modules within the platform and work on feature requests and prioritized bugs that are crucial to our enterprise customers. You will be writing code covered by unit and integration tests and use git, with an open source like workflow, using forks and pull requests;
- You will be writing high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code, will help review code from other team members and contribute to what the team is delivering using a CI/CD release pipeline;
- You will brainstorm with the team on technical architecture or design options, implementation alternatives and help solve day to day issues in a collaborative effort;
- You will be involved in all aspects of the product development, using an agile SCRUM approach, from user story to final implementation and production support. You will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You’re perfect for this role if you are passionate about the impact of your work, are excited to learn new technologies, and are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, and are proud to own the quality of your deliverables. Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc, is a plus.
You also have:
- 3+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages and with a SPA framework (we mostly use React);
- Working experience in structured development and release environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment);
- Good knowledge of design patterns and best industry practices;
- Good knowledge of Java and Spring;
- Knowledge of general web concepts such as HTTP, REST;
- Experience with designing, creating and using APIs;
- Experience and good database skills (preferably PostgreSQL);
- Experience with high-scalability distributed systems, cloud technologies and microservices is a big plus;
- Experience with testing frameworks;
- Experience with Linux;
- Skilled in written and verbal English;
- Excellent communicator and team player;
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, patterns;
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory;
- Strong problem solver with a structured approach to your working day.
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Tradeshift Engineering culture:
First and foremost, we care. We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratizing business and building the world’s largest network for businesses.
We make decisions every day where two good things are at odds. Our daily activities & choices are a reflection of the preferences we hold strongest. These statements, created in the same form as the agile manifesto, show where our preferences lie.
- Being on an adventure over being safe and cuddled
- Helping my team deliver over making individual contributions
- Being part of a global team over supporting my immediate neighbors
- Delivering on promises over working predictable hours
- Building products users love over products users request
- Accountability for my work over focusing on current tasks
- Working on the full product over focusing on technical perfection
- Getting feedback and learning over unwavering execution
- An ambitious international startup and Agile environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, training sessions etc.)
- Trips to international design camps, sharing knowledge with professionals from other parts of the world
- Flexible working hours
- Cool company laptop
- Medical Subscription, Meal tickets for each working day, Bookster access
When we used to go to the office, we also had:
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Relaxing spots
- Cool team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hackathons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more
- Friendly and chill working atmosphere overall ♣