The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop in-house applications from scratch to be used by Oracle’s employees and HR professionals across EMEA, using .
- Monitor live applications and provide ongoing support, when required (e.g. bug fixing, enhancements).
- Manage the whole development process after the BA has completed the requirements gathering. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Architecture design
- UI design
- Development of features
- Source control
- Constant communication with Business Owner
- Create technical and functional documentation for the applications developed in collaboration with the business analyst / technical writer.
- Abide to internal coding standards and audit requirements.
- Provide demos and training where and when needed.
- Take the initiative and ownership of any projects where there is room for improvement (challenging the way things are done is highly appreciated).
- Participate in projects that shape the IT infrastructure across EMEA HR.
Candidate profile :
- At least 3 years experience using SQL and PL/SQL
- Proven experience designing, building and / or maintaining applications using PL/ SQL and SQL
- Comfortable designing and building online applications from scratch
- Comfortable being in touch with business owners directly
- Dedicated to understanding the business model and the operational needs
- Comfortable working with multiple data sources and systems
- Able to maintain absolute discretion regarding confidential and / or sensitive information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem solver
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity and commitment
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Excellent Technical Abilities :
- High comfort level and learning curve for applications and analytical tools
Represents a Plus :
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).