Ubisoft is looking for a web engineer interested in creating optimized and scalable frontend solutions driving engaging web experiences. More specifically we are looking for a talented developer that, within a versatile Agile team, would take an active role in creating and evolving The Ubisoft Club’s player-facing experiences.
This includes new projects like Sam; Sam is a personal gaming assistant that can provide personalized information and tips related to you and your games through keyboard or voice input.
You will be part of the Technology Group team that is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
- Design and develop scalable frontend solutions according to the team’s roadmap;
- Develop and debug modules and websites’s specific features tacking into account the technical constraints;
- Provide support to team members and programmers from other working units whenever required.
- Experienced in RESTful API consumption, caching, error handling;
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processing language SASS;
- Able to easily transfer Photoshop designs into standard compliant HTML templates;
- Knowledge of package managers like NPM, Bower, Composer… is a plus.
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work;
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication & interpersonal skills;
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Attention to details;
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Fast learner;
- Good English skills.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
• We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
• If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
• You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
• If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
• Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.