Revenue Recognition Analyst
The EMEA Revenue Recognition team is a group of highly motivated professionals who leverage their knowledge and expertise to support Oracle’s business leaders in executing commercial business with partners and customers that will maximize Oracle’s revenues, while ensuring the highest standard of compliance with Oracle’s internal controls, business practices and internal and external accounting policies.
As a member of this highly skilled team, your focus will be to ensure that all revenues are recognized in accordance within the framework of Oracle’s Revenue Recognition policies and relevant accounting framework (ASC 606), thereby ensuring all revenue allocations and adjustments are recorded accurately and timely. In addition, you will be working closely with various stakeholders (e.g. Deal management, Sales, Business Practices, Legal) in resolving revenue related queries and provide minor support on deal structuring.
- Review executed arrangements for compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (ASC 606) and Oracle’s Revenue Recognition and other corporate policies;
- Ensure all revenue allocations/adjustments are accounted for accurately and timely, and duly communicated to relevant stakeholders to facilitate in their accurate forecasting of revenues;
- Providing some advisory support to various lines of businesses to ensure deals are structured in accordance with Oracle’s revenue recognition policy whilst maximizing revenue;
- Maintain an up to date and thorough knowledge of all relevant technical guidance, including ASC 606 and Oracle’s Revenue Recognition Policy;
- Provide support to ad hoc projects as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent;
- Minimum two years of accounting experience, with exposure to revenue accounting (ASC 606) ideal, but not essential;
- Strong analytical skills, a can-do attitude with good organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate clearly & concisely with external stakeholders and internally within rev rec;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Highly customer focused and results orientated;
- Experience with Oracle (i.e. deal management, legal, business approvers, etc.) is a plus;
- Fluency in English is mandatory.