- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of software products for systems that are integrating and processing large data streams in (near-) real-time, in the context of various domains from Driver Assistance to Product Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Develop solutions for intelligent, scalable, reusable and reliable data processing (ETL) in Big Data frameworks
- Responsible for data modelling working on complex and varying data sources from different domains that include everything from flat text files, semi-structured logs and messages, relational and non-relational databases, sensor and event streams to images.
Education: Completed studies in a technical discipline (eg. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or comparable)
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of the design and architecture of big data applications and proven experience with Hadoop ecosystems (HDFS, Hive, Impala, YARN, Spark etc)
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructure (like Cloudera) and workflows for all new and existing data sets ingested into data lake
- Capability to perform complex data transformations by means of efficient, performing and scalable programming in one of the following programming languages: Python / Java / C++/ C#
- Working experience with databases (SQL and noSQL)
Advantages if you have:
- Understanding of streaming platforms like Apache Kafka
- Software documentation, tracking (ex: Jira) and versioning tools
- Basic knowledge about testing frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter or similar.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Passionate about data and big data technologies with an engineering mind set
- Motivation and commitment to get involved, learn and contribute to the development of leading edge technologies in collaboration with a global network of experts;
- Good communication, strong analytical skills, team oriented, initiative, perseverance and attention to details;
- Self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule own tasks.
- Target and quality orientation
· Fluent in English; German can be an advantage;
• 25 days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
• Flexible working hours, but if you want to work 5 days per month from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
• Lunch discounts and daily subsidies at our canteen/restaurant;
• Private medical insurance, because your health is a priority to us;
• Flexible benefits - On top of your salary, we offer you a monthly budget via your benefit account, which can be used for several different services;
• Annual performance bonus;
• Internal development Trainings - we have local development programs for Project Managers, Line Managers and Experts;
• Inspiring working conditions;