RELYANT Global, LLC is currently seeking an experienced Construction Site Superintendent for a job at Campia Turzii Air Base in Romania. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for managing and coordinating day-to-day production and schedule adherence on the project. The role of the superintendent will also include important quality control and subcontractor coordination responsibilities. Experience with P.O.L. and underground storage tanks a plus.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the plans, drawings, and specifications for each project assigned.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all workers and subcontractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Interviews, hires, and trains construction workers
- Exercises control over rate of construction progress in order to complete construction project within time limits; schedules jobs and operations
- Estimates materials and manpower needed for specific jobs
- Leads inspection and commission of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications
- Lead daily plan of the day meetings with construction staff
- Review the job schedule and cost breakdown, resolving all differences of opinion with Project Manager at the beginning of the job.
- Maintain a good relationship with the Project Manager, seeking his/her assistance in the scheduling of materials, equipment and subcontractors.
- Keep the progress schedule current, review schedule status and job costs at least once each month with the Project Manager.
- Maintain inventory control over tools and equipment, ascertaining that movable tools are returned to the tool room and all other equipment adequately secured.
- Complete the daily construction report each day, and submit to the Project Manager
- Attend pre-construction and construction meetings, taking notes on areas that may present a future problem and present to the Project Manager for consultation.
- Attend, on request, all technical meetings for the purpose of discussing job progress and problem areas.
- Maintain close communication with Project Manager on any unforeseen problems which may develop.
- Assist Project Manager in estimating percent completion of each item for monthly invoicing and of labor for each job cost report.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Years of experience (5 Years)
- English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Fuel storage and distribution facility construction experience is a plus ,
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day production and schedule adherence ,
- Provide adequate supervision of all workers ,
- Complete and satisfactory performance of all work required in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Must be familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1 safety regulations.
- Have experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance
- Attend quality control meetings with USACE
RELYANT is a Veteran Owned Business with our Global headquarters located in Maryville, TN. Established in 2006, we specialize in Horizontal and Vertical Construction, Contingency Operations, Training, Military Munitions Response (MMR) and Environmental Services, and Global Stability Operations. We provide our quality services across the Americas, INDO-PACOM, the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia. RELYANT is unique in our ability to work successfully in any environment, whether it be populated, remote, austere or contingency.
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other consideration made unlawful by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
* E-Verify and Drug-Free Workplace