Oracle Pre-Sales is the function which provides product expertise to sales, customers & partners in Oracle. Oracle has a large community of Sales Consultants that engage on a daily basis in tasks such as:
- Reusable product presentations, customizations & demonstrations by translating our customer's business needs into Oracle solutions
- Advising customers & partners on how best to use Oracle products
- Technical proofs of concept including the ones with data provided by clients
- Interacting with product development about new releases and new functionality
We are looking for an Oracle Business Intelligence Sales Consultant to design, develop and implement complex BI solutions using Oracle Business Intelligence tools, database tools and SQL by understanding the business processes, gathering requirements, performing data gap analysis, developing design specifications, transforming and loading data, validate data, provide production support and assist end users with report and dashboard creation.
- Work with industry Pre-Sales teams, with Technical Pre-Sales community and Sales teams to understand data requirements and translate into data models for the enterprise Business Intelligence platform;
- Work independently on data modeling/architecture and data aggregation design;
- Develop and maintain source-to-target data maps for enterprise applications and data sources;
- Assist in the creation of customized BI demos;
- Proactively support sales teams in positioning BI as a key differentiator;
- Continuous learning through product training and other sources;
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years SQL experience in querying large complex data sets
- In-depth experience with relational databases (Oracle Database, SQL Server, DB2 etc)
- Experience with reporting and Analytics/Business Intelligence/Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence
- Ability to translate business requirements into compelling visualizations and demonstration flows/scenarios
- Comfortable with basic data modeling (joins, schemas, relationships) and data mashups (blending data across sources)
- Experience with analysis and reporting for Oracle’s Cloud Applications, across pillars (ERP, CX, HCM, SCM) preferred
- Working knowledge of tools, methods and techniques required to support an OBIEE environment or similar analytical tool
- Aptitude to learn new technologies/techniques quickly and efficiently
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to explore different alternatives and options to resolve technical challenges
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Can compose ideas in a clear and concise manner written and/or spoken in English, as the role will support United States based Sales team
- Team player who can work well with others
- Good organizational and planning skills with a demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion
- Self-motivated and self-starter
What We Offer:
Oracle is a very successful, profitable and leading international IT provider providing an environment that enables employees to learn, grow and be successful. Specifically related to the Pre-Sales role in the Pre-Sales center we provide:
- An environment that is focused on continuous learning.
- Ample opportunity to train on new products and to develop new personal skills
- A combination of deploying technical knowledge and sales abilities
- A challenging and interesting work environment with the possibility for interaction with colleagues, customers and partners
- A fun and varied job
- Excellent possibilities to develop yourself and your career
- Attractive salary and benefits
Please submit your CV in English! Thank you!
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).