Marine Engineering (MEGA), established in 2004, is a modern engineering company specialized in engineering for shipbuilding, mainly providing detailed engineering packages for hull, piping, arrangements and outfitting with more than 170 people working in offices located in Galati / Romania.
MEGA Team increased year after year - with small but firm steps - on most of the aspects : number of personnel, types of the vessels engineered, office spaces, quality of documentation provided to our clients and internal General & Project Management procedures.
Very young engineers, coming directly from the University, together with engineers having many years of shipbuilding experience (in engineering and / or in the building yards) were growing up together year by year, step by step and improved their interaction within the project teams.
Supports management in all operations and supports in creation and maintenance of an attractive, innovative and efficient international shipbuilding organization.
1. Develop and implement HR strategies, policies and initiatives aligned with the overall Damen Naval and MEGA business strategy.
2. Drives changes in the organization in line with the key organizational & departmental objectives.
3. Monitors overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization and intervene when needed.
4. Drives performance management by ensuring an optimal implementation and utilization and maintenance of the performance management system, tool and training & development of management.
6. Maintain and monitors the HR administration and the administration of temporary staff of the specific portfolio, this in compliance with Romanian law & regulations.
Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
Key MEGA competences :
3. Results orientation : Actively focused on achieving results and objectives; ready to take action in case of disappointing results.
5. Quality orientation : Setting high standards regarding the quality of products and services and acting accordingly.
Job specific competences :
1. Planning and organizing : Determining goals and priorities effectively and stipulating the time, activities and resources required to achieve the set goals.
recognizing the interests of other parts of one's organization.
3. Persuasiveness : Attempting to persuade others to adopt a certain standpoint and trying to come to agreement by making use of appropriate arguments and methods.
Independence : Acting on the basis of one's own convictions rather than trying to please others; going one's own way.
Skills & experience
Required knowledge / experience (max 4) :
1. Master degree in HR management or other relevant study at M.Sc. level
Experience (max 4) :
1. Experience in engineering, shipbuilding or related industry
Other requirements (max 2) :