Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone today and tomorrow.
Purpose of the Job
1. The purpose of this role is to implement standard engineering solutions
to successful completion within budgeted time and cost constraints.
2. The engineer E3 may occasionally be required to work on customized
3. To contribute as required to internal initiatives’ such as EEX Standard
4. To support the implementation of projects in line with the LOB objectives
including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction,
schedule, working capital and safety performance.
2. Principal Responsibilities
1. Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools,
documentation, deliverables, schedule and budget) are in place prior to
2. Produces part(s) of detailed design specifications under supervision.
3. Executes technical work assignment to appropriate standards and
4. Executes test work assignments to appropriate standards and quality
5. Executes documentation work assignments to appropriate standards
and quality systems.
6. Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements
within the engineering group
7. Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own
discipline and other engineering disciplines
8. Reports progress and technical problems and / or changes to project lead
engineer or principal engineer.
Principal Networks & Contact Links
Project Lead or Principal Engineer and project team
Customer (Test & FAT)
4. Supervisory Responsibilities
Assisting E5 and E4 resources
5. Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
Responsible implementation of assigned designs and functions
Travel to customer required a yearly average of 50%
Flexibility is required.
6. Key Performance Measures
7. Safety related, the Engineer E3 is :
Responsible for acknowledgement and compliance with :
Responsible for achievement of :
Department safety goals and maintenance at excellence level of
Identification of speciality safety topics to be included within annual
Completing the training sessions according to regulative
Gives a high attention to safety behaviour, including compliance to
Not later than 15 minutes reporting towards Business Leader and QA
Responsive participation in emergency / crisis circumstances
according to approved plans.
8 Metrics for evaluation :
The Design Engineer (Eng-E3) is accountable to the Project Lead or Direct
Manager for the items mentioned in the above chapters.
Principal Responsibilities and for the annual goals within HPD.
Job Description Design Engineer Eng-E3 - 3 - Revision 0 9
9 HOS Related Responsibilities, the E3 Engineer is responsible of :
1. Education Required
Bachelor / Master of Science Degree in an engineering discipline from an
accredited college or university. Preferred specializations : Automation and
Computers, Informatics, Mathematics, Cybernetics, Electronics.
Appropriate technical qualification for role.
Six Sigma Certification preferred
2. Work Experience Required
2+ years Project experience as Engineer
3. Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
One Discipline certification
Working knowledge of MS Office
4. Behavioural Competencies Required
Become your best, Go Beyond, Inspire Greatness, Be Courageous, Act
Manage Time and Budget, Drive for Completion, Processes, Effective
5. Language Requirements
Ability to effectively communicate in English is a prerequisite.
Additional languages would be a benefit.