Garrett Connected Vehicle business provides Advanced Controls, Integrated Vehicle Health Monitoring (IVHM) and Cyber Security solutions for automotive industry applications.
Our products enable the world’s leading automotive companies to improve vehicle fuel efficiency, to reduce CO2 and harmful emissions, and to streamline their vehicle validation and control development process.
You will join a team of industry leaders and will be exposed to develop differentiated cutting-edge controls software, modelling techniques, optimization techniques, powertrain concepts, software tools, and leading / executing projects with customers.
You will work in Agile environment and will enjoy a start-up atmosphere. The position is based in Bucharest.
As SW Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible of all the aspects of quality establishment, documentation and control throughout the software product life cycle.
This involves continual improvement of the process and related documentation (inspired by the automotive standards : ASPICE, ISO26262, etc), continual development and implementation of testing methods and procedures to evaluate the quality of the developing software projects.
This also includes product quality target definition and maturity / quality assessment.
You will work closely with the entire Connected Vehicles team to build the process best practices and to ensure the full knowledge and application.
You will provide feedback about quality to the development team to spur changes in the development process, to the Application Engineers and Program Managers to ensure they are aware of any issue clients may have that are being addressed, and to management to make them aware of the progress being made on projects.
You will report to the Connected Vehicles Chief Engineer and will lead a team of 2, 3 members who will support you in the tasks described below.
Key area of responsibility and roles :
1. Build, review and continuously improve Connected Vehicles product life cycle process, combining agile methodology with the best practices coming from the most relevant automotive standards, including but not limited to : ASPICE (at least level 2 maturity), ISO26262 (at least at ASIL C management level)
2. Mentor and guide the team members in the application and improvement of the defined process practices. Arrange and implement training programs, create and continuously improve the process documentation, making sure it is well received and used by the team.
3. Conduct internal audits to guarantee the systematic application of the process, identify gaps and define and implement the necessary corrective actions
4. Oversee the design and implementation of validation procedures, test plans, and test cases. Lead and participate in developing, writing and managing the execution of an overall software test strategy.
Lead efforts to enhance and make the testing process more efficient.
5. Discuss and agree with the development team and project management the product quality targets, implement a mechanism of quality gates to make sure that the quality targets are met, gaps identified, and corrective actions implemented.
6. Define and drive the implementation of an effective and fast issue resolution process with the development team and (when requested) with customers, helping the team in identifying the right priorities and consequently addressing the effort
7. Working with Connected vehicles and IT teams, to identify and implement the methodology and the tools that fit the defined process.
Interact with tool vendors and other suppliers to constantly get updates on new methodology and tools
8. Develop and maintain a network of relationships with key government agencies, research institutes, standards bodies, think tanks, and industry associations responsible for legislation, regulation and policies that affect connected and autonomous vehicles SW product life cycle
9. Manage a small team of quality and test engineers including oversight of yearly objectives, performance reviews, career development and prioritization of development activities.
In this role you will also be central to staffing of the quality team at enough level to meet quality objectives and commitments.
Must have qualifications
1. 8+ years experience in at least 2 of following roles : SW engineering, quality assurance or project management in automotive industry
2. Experience with automotive development production launches with Tier 1 and / or OEM.
3. Experience in Agile software development techniques.
4. Experience in ASPICE, ISO26262 and other automotive standards
5. Excellent in communicating with customers, senior management and development teams
6. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
7. MS degree in an engineering discipline, computer science or equivalent experience
Desirable qualifications :
8. Experience in AUTOSAR and Model-based development practices
9. Experience in Management and professional development for team of direct reporting engineers.
10. Connected vehicles SW product development experience
11. Experience in Sales, marketing, related field (CUSTOMER FACING ROLE)
Personal attributes :
1. Hands on attitude, enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc.
2. Structured individual with good problem-solving skills
3. Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
4. Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
5. Comfortable in customer facing role, confident and thoughtful
6. Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
7. Flexibility to travel (on average 20% of the time)
8. Strong communication and leadership skills