Enterprise Operations - Senior Cloud Engineer
CLOUD ENGINEER / DATABASE / MIDDLE TIER / NETWORK / UNIX TECHNOLOGIST
Seeking a highly self-motivated hands on individual with broad technical experience and the ability / willingness to learn what they don’t know to support and maintain a large global environment.
Candidate must be able to solve complex technical problems, work with a global team, handle escalations, proactively identify problem areas and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Hands on experience with a wide variety of technologies is ideal but candidates with in-depth experience in one or two areas such as Weblogic, Oracle Database / SQL, Networking / Firewalls or Unix Administration with a strong interest and ability to learn the others are invited and welcome to apply.
Strong customer focus and ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people from end users through senior management.
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years hands on experience with a variety of technologies.
The candidate must be comfortable with at least one of the areas and willingness to learn the others - Advanced Database / Advanced Middle Tier / Advanced Unix Administration.
This will include installation, debugging, trouble shooting, performance tuning, patching, upgrading and on-going support for all areas.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Technical Certifications and additional experience will be considered).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ideally the candidate will have a strong working knowledge of several areas and the willingness to learn what they don’t know such as:
* Database Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (Oracle 11g / 12c) / MS SQL
* Mid-tier Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (Weblogic)
* Linux Administration application / installation / troubleshooting / support (preferably Oracle Linux, CentOS or Redhat)
* Programming / Scripting (bash / sh shell scripting required, SQL, Ruby, csh, ksh, Perl, php, Python, all desirable)
* Oracle Fusion Middleware products and business applications based on Fusion Middleware stack e.g. OBIEE, Endeca, ODI, etc.
* Networking Switches / Routers / Firewalls
* Naming / Authentication services (DNS, LDAP)
* Virtualization technologies deployment and support (OVM, OCI)
* OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure support
* Microsoft Windows server
* Microsoft SQL server
* Fluent in English (Mandatory: excellent spoken and written skills)
* Mentoring and Leadership skills
* Perform light lifting - 25lbs (able to install a 2U server in a Rack)
* Must be able to troubleshoot problems remotely, assist end users via phone, e-mail and ticketing systems
* Familiar with support services, escalation management, customer relationship management solutions (IT ticketing systems)
* Be part of a 24x7x365 team possibly including on-call and weekend work (Saturday and Sunday)
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS:
* Oracle GoldenGate
* Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS)
* Oracle Application Express (APEX)
Backup strategy / solutions
* AGILE / DevOps
* Experience setting up Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) environments.
* Experience integrating Weblogic server with Active Directory or other directory servers and configuration of Single Sign On (SSO)
* Experience with platform and infrastructure architecture / design for Oracle Fusion Middleware implementations and upgrades
* Ability to share knowledge and document
* Strong organizational skills
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle's internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle's applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Individual should hold at least eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).