What we do
We bring together empathy and engineering, behavioral design and technology, art and science, design thinking and agile development, so that technology can truly serve people.
We design and build frictionless software that puts human experience at the center. Because we believe that people can achieve their true potential especially when software hides complexity and gets the job done through beautiful, simple interactions.
What we need
We’re looking for Java Developers who share the same drive to improve people’s lives through technology and design.
You’ll be working at the heart of top innovation projects for some of the most hyped industries at this moment. Together with our team, you’ll be helping us comprehend business strategies & requirements and develop necessary designs & plans to ensure projects & solutions satisfy those needs.
What you’ll do
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java applications;
- Work in an Agile, fast paced environment with a high focus on finding the best solutions for our customers;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems;
- Provide documentation, support in packaging, automation and deployment of releases;
- Help maintain code quality: participate in code reviews to ensure that implemented features are maintainable, supportable, resilient and performing;
- Assist in the elaboration of business requirements, development of user stories, provide development tasks effort estimations and participate in elaboration of planning activities;
- Be autonomous inside the team and assume ownership on the components you will be responsible with.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Be proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems;
- 5+ years of experience working on Java-based projects as a Software Engineer;
- Knowledge with the following technologies: JavaEE, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Java (at least 1.8), databases (PostgreSQL / Oracle), JDBC, SQL, build tools (Maven/Gradle);
- Be familiar with various design and architectural patterns with strong understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Respect SOLID object-oriented design principles;
- Have knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java;
- Familiarity with RESTful applications;
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Knowledge of database schemas design, to represent and support business processes;
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds;
- Implementing automated testing platforms, integration tests and unit tests;
- Experience with microservices architectures and domain driven design;
- Familiarity with continuous integration;
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes deployment;
- Familiarity with “cloud ready” applications;
- Familiarity with messaging integration patterns (event-driven architecture).
Not the role you're looking for? Discover more career opportunities in our team at https://qualitance.com/careers/
Why YOU + QUALITANCE = A GREAT EXPERIENCE
- Our projects offer tremendous satisfaction. You’ll have the opportunity to solve real-life customer problems for big brands like Ikea, Virgin, Ford, BCR and Breville.
- We promise you won’t get bored. We create digital MVPs from scratch super fast. Each MVP is a 10-week exciting journey.
- You’ll be working with technologies and tools that make your job much easier. You can use our own platform for reusable components, building blocks and architecture boilerplates.
- You’ll have the chance to experiment with a rare mix of design thinking, rapid prototyping, agile and skunkworks. Something you can rarely find even in international companies, let alone local ones.
- You’ll be part of a team of dedicated people, who are comfortable working autonomously and helping each other. Without this amazing team, we would not be the global company that we are today.
QUALITANCE perks you’ll enjoy:
- First, we'll be welcoming you with a pack of goodies
- Monthly meal tickets
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote / work from home
- Private medical care @ Medicover
- Access to learning & growth programs
- Gym & fitness cards: 7card / FitPass
- Books & more with 15% discount at Carturesti
- Q parties & team experiences
- Referral & loyalty bonuses
- “Welcome Baby” gifts for new parents
- Kids’ Christmas parties
Powered by JazzHR