Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combinesthe elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security,and predictability of on-premises infrastructure to deliver high-performance,high availability and cost-effective infrastructure services.
This job is about supporting OracleLinux and Oracle VM mainly on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI/OCI-C)covering also IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VPNaaS, Engineered Systems, Cloud at Customerand on-premise systems.
This position is for remote customersupport of Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and VPNaaS products on Oracle Cloud andon-premise. The team’s primary responsibility is to diagnose, debug and resolvecustomer reported issues on Oracle Linux and Oracle VM family of products,working in partnership with Cloud Operations team, customers, other supportteams and developers. The team members continually exercise and grow diverseskills, as they deliver the highest quality support possible to customers.
The role requires working inrotational shifts (night and day, early and late), including on weekends andpublic holidays (weekend/holiday shift premium allowance may be offered) withshifted week/weekend schemes.
Work location is Bucharest, Romania.
Required and desiredskills include:
- 3+ years of relevant industry workexperience
- Knowledge of Oracle Linux, RedHat,CentOS, Ubuntu and/or other Linux platforms
- Excellent knowledge of the LinuxOS internals, particularly networking
- Experience managing andtroubleshooting Linux servers in production settings.
- Experience diagnosing networkconfiguration issues and network performance.
- Sound experience in network packetanalysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience withIPSec, SWAN, DHCP, NAT, IPv6, Firewall technologies (iptables)
- Knowledge of routing protocols(e.g. BGP, RIPv2, OSPF)
- Excellent system-level debuggingskills
- Experience with Virtualization andCloud (Public or Private) Infrastructures.
- Customer focused with a pro-activeand responsive approach
- Strong written and verbalcommunication skills in English
- Strong analytical andtroubleshooting skills
- Good customer interaction skills
- Experience in Azure or AWS basedCloud Architecture and migration is a plus
- Experience working on remotemanagement systems like ILOM, IMM, DRAC etc. is a plus
- Experience working in Linuxcontainers (Docker, LXC) and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience working on OpenStacktechnologies is a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).