All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
The Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) is a specialized business unit focused solely on the software and service requirements of the Health Sciences industry. By delivering software solutions aimed at adding value to Healthcare and life science organizations, the HSGBU has the unique and exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of enabling better patient outcomes within the clinical industry. Such software solutions include the Oracle Health Sciences Clinical One platform and Oracle Health Sciences Interactive Response Technology (IRT), which enable sponsors to better manage data collection, patient randomization and global supply chains by extending the capabilities of interactive voice response (IVR) and interactive Web response (IWR) systems.
A successful candidate for this position will provide technical support directly to end-users, via telephone and web portal, for a wide variety of complex issues across these product lines and related systems. A primary point of contact for customers, this candidate will be responsible for upholding and exhibiting Oracle’s standards of world-class customer support while providing advice and assistance within our standard operating procedures as well as regulatory and industry standards. Our mission in HSGBU Support is to dynamically adapt to customer needs around the clock to ensure on-going customer success and patient safety.
Daily tasks, each aimed at resolving advanced technical issues reported by end-users of the software, include database querying; review of technical design specifications; problem replication; handling high-profile telephone calls; coordination with cross-functional teams; collaboration with a network of global colleagues; identification and documentation of system defects; creation and implementation of creative workaround solutions; and contributing to knowledge management. Issues to be addressed may be critical in nature, requiring fast-paced responsiveness; multi-tasking; and strong coordination and communication skills to successfully resolve. Resolution often requires development of a custom solution, leveraging all tasks/teams previously mentioned.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Highly self-motivated and customer-focused, with a pro-active and responsive approach
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and within strict deadlines and regulations
• Exemplary time-management and general organizational skills
• Able to influence and build rapport with colleagues and customers, locally and worldwide
• Able to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong, professional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Able to understand and define customer needs
• Able to clearly convey the nature of technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Able to view issues from multiple perspectives (“outside the box” thinking)
• Sound analytical skills
• Unwavering work ethic
• Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette
• BS in a Computer Science, Physical Sciences or equivalent relevant experience
• Experience working in a regulated industry (Health Care or Life Science industry experience is preferred)
• Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server 2005/2008
• Experience with SQL scripting
• Experience with XML and DAT + MAP scripting
• Experience in providing application support for complex software products
• Experience working globally
• Experience coordinating directly with clients
• Experience following Standard Operating Procedures
• Some experience with programming languages is a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire