At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a SaaS company, developing a ticketing (fare payments) platform that allows people to buy and present tickets for public transit on their mobile phones or by tapping a bank card.
We believe a new fare payments system allowing passengers to just tap and ride, without needing to buy a ticket or understand fares, should be available to every passenger and every transit agency around the globe, without prohibitive costs or taking years to deliver, helping people move seamlessly from A to B.
Our Justride platform has been named Ticketing Technology of the Year 2019/2020 and is in use in over 100 locations around the world, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, Bucharest, Valencia, The Hague, Los Angeles, Sydney, and many more. With an exciting industry-first mobile ticketing SDK, we are partnering with companies like Uber, Lyft, Transit, Moovit to enable the purchase of public transit tickets within leading mobility applications.
Masabi has offices in London, New York, Denver and Cluj, and investors include Mastercard, Shell and Keolis.
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
The product areas you will be focusing on include integral back end components to support our pre-purchase ticketing and account-based ticketing models. We are looking for a Product Manager who has a detail-oriented nature combined with an aptitude for big-picture thinking to drive the behaviour of backend platform components and ensure they meet the needs of riders and transport authorities.
You’ll be working closely with engineering teams, UX designers, stakeholders from across the business and, of course, the other Product Managers to build an integrated best-in-class set of products.
- Gain a deep understanding of the problem space through research and interaction with internal stakeholders, transport agencies and partners.
- Define and frame problems for internal stakeholders using frameworks such as PR FAQs and User Journeys.
- Engage closely with software engineers to help identify appropriate solutions and test outcomes.
- Understand the constraints and outcomes required to deliver a successful product and communicate this clearly.
- Prioritise the competing demands for product features, customer requests and technology improvements.
- Gain a deep understanding of your product area and a broad understanding of the whole Justride Platform.
- Communicate the behaviour of your product area to internal and external stakeholders and explain new features and product improvements.
What we are looking for:
- Be passionate about the challenges of product evolutions, and have at least 1-year’s experience in Product Management or a related profession.
- Have an interest in the transport industry.
- Have some experience working in agile environments.
- Have some experience working directly with a team of software engineers.
- Have some experience in business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Have a strong desire to understand the customer and improve their day-to-day experience of the product.
- Be comfortable working in a fully remote model (at least until after Covid), part of a distributed Product team.
What you will learn in this role:
- You will build on your product management experience in an innovative and disruptive global business.
- You will learn how to work closely with development teams in an agile environment.
- You will have the opportunity to work on both software and hardware products that impact millions of people around the world.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salary package.
- 25 days holiday per year plus the Xmas Shutdown (another 3-4 days).
- Flexibility to work from home whenever you need to and flexible working hours (we are currently operating fully remote due to COVID-19).
- Premium medical care via Medicover.
- Brand new office at UBC Riviera.
- Video yoga classes.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches (when we’re in the office).
- Regular social gatherings with a monthly allowance for each employee (when it’s safe).
- Biannual company events.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate. Also, please notify our team of any preferred pronouns at any point in your application.
In light of the continued Covid-19 risks, all interviews are expected to take place by phone or video.
Masabi’s flexible working policy will allow you to work fully remotely, or from one of our offices in London, Cluj, New York, Denver or Boston. The choice about where you work from will be largely made by you. Regardless of where you choose to work from, you will be allowed to work outside of the country of your employment for us to 3 months each year (tax laws permitting).
To find out more about who we are and how we work, please have a read about our Covid Response: https://www.masabi.com/2021/08/02/emerging-stronger/