We are part of the Linux release engineering and QA team for the build and testing of Oracle Linux. Our team is involved in QA testing, test automation, Linux package build test and release, software test development and database creation manipulation and reporting.
1. Responsible for software QA testing of Oracle Linux and kernel releases, including releases for OCI Cloud Services and Images.
2. Development of new tests for validation of Cloud services, Oracle Linux distributions, Kernel features
3. Working close with Developers to debug discovered issues
4. Troubleshooting and fixing problems encountered during testing or test development
5. Contributing to QA test framework and processes and as well as work-flow improvements for CI type of testing REQUIRED SKILLS: 1. Good programming skill in shell / python / C language
2. Good working experience with any Cloud infrastructures and SCM like SVN, Git
3. Good understanding of Linux OS and virtualization environments
4. Good verbal and written English communication skills
5. Ability to work independently and in a team environment BIG PLUS: 1. Working experience with build automation tools: Jenkins, plugins
2. Experience with patching and rebuilding Linux packages
3. Excellent system-level debugging and troubleshooting skills
4. Experience with one or more Linux distributions
5. Experience with kubernetes, docker, vagrant
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships