All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Cloud Solution Architect
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Oracle is at the forefront of the digital revolution. We are empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value. You will help us connect the biggest enterprises of today with the tools to compete in the digital economy of
tomorrow. We have exciting new opportunities opening up supporting Oracle’s cloud business. So if you are passionate, entrepreneurial, innovative, and believe in being consultative, value focused and having fun whilst you work, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We believe that this architecture role requires a combination of both technical and soft skills. We expect every architect to have strong all-round technical skills, and we believe that the ability to engage with people, communicate an idea and build a consensus is just as important as getting the technical solution right. You will be accountable for the solution architecture and deployment designs for cloud solutions that deliver against the customer’s business goals and to ensure that functional and nonfunctional requirements, such as security, network, performance, resilience, service management
are fully understood and mapped to Cloud Oracle solutions.
Cloud solution architects take responsibility for architecture from the initial idea through the deployment. You will be involved from the start of a customer engagement, through the design phase and will continue your involvement until the customer has a working solution on Oracle cloud. You will help ensure solutions are fully adopted, drive positive customer outcomes and also generate business and IT value from building long term customer engagement.
In Oracle, you will have a high degree of responsibility and autonomy , and the rewards for your contribution include a compensation and benefits package and a continuous training program in a structured environment that are world class. We always aim to make Oracle a fun and rewarding place to work, and you will be joining hundreds of architects who are always very keen to support and help others.
What you’ll do
What You’ll Bring
Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and customer-centricity will help us become the number one cloud company in the world.
To be successful in this role, there are a number of general architecture skills that you will need :
– the ability to quickly understand existing on-premises customer systems and applications and map those to cloud architectures and solutions
– a good general understanding of cloud architecture and hybrid on premise/cloud designs
– strong architectural understanding of all technical aspects of a cloud solution including networking, security, resilience and connectivity
– excellent communication and presentation skills with high degree of comfort speaking across all levels of management (e.g. IT management, Architects, administrators and executives)
– strong collaboration skills and the ability to build virtual teams to deliver broad-based architecture deliverables
– Some experience in engaging and influencing senior leaders would he highly desirable
In addition, a number of technical skills will also be required:
– hands-on experience of cloud deployments. While any cloud experience will be considered, previous experience of OCI would be highly beneficial
– every customer solution will require a database, and so a good understanding of database and related technologies will be required. Oracle database experience is preferred, but strong knowledge of other databases will also be considered
– it is expected that every successful candidate will have basic developer skills and be fluent in at least one back-end programming language - e.g. Java, Python etc. - as well as having a working knowledge of SQL
In addition to generalists, we are also especially interested in candidates with four specific areas of experience :
– building, deploying and/or migrating Oracle applications such as E-Business, JDE, Peoplesoft and Siebel
– building systems for business analytics, data-warehousing, dart marts, data science and big data.
– deploying and managing large custom applications based on Java, Weblogic and Oracle database, but also extending to other technologies
– Database deployment architects and experts with experience of migrating or managing large number of database.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Master Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Other Locations:CZ-CZ,Czech Rep-Prague, HU-HU,Hungary-Budapest, PL-PL,Poland-Warsaw, PL-PL,Poland-Krakow, CZ-CZ,Czech Rep-BRNO
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire