OracleTechnical Product Manager for Mobile Data Connectivity (MDC) Cloud Service
Oracle is looking for a TechnicalProduct Manager for the Mobile Data Connectivity (MDC) cloud service product portfoliolocated in Bucharest, Romania. Responsibilities include specification oftechnical requirements and collaboration with other Oracle teams/products and 3rdparty partners to define and support broader solutions involving the MDCcloud.Responsibilities also include collaborationwith the Product Line Management team to define the product/solution strategy.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the front-end technical needsfor the Mobile Data Connectivity cloud service product portfolio are met orexceeded.
Desirable knowledge areas include:
• Working with sales engineers, account teams and other Oracle and/or 3rdparty teams to define customer solutions
• Owning and generating market-level technical requirements and supportingdocumentation
• Providing guidance in architectural decisions
• Supporting technical sales and marketing
• Supporting the associated Business Plans, Internal Plans of Record (POR),External Product Plans, Feature Commitment Tracking, RFF (Request for Feature)Process
• Supporting day-to-day processes of feature reconciliation, field trialdetermination, and RFx response input
• Understanding the competitive landscape and market opportunities for Oraclein this area and other Product Management duties as required.
In the performance of these duties applicant will interface with Customers,Sales, Marketing, Product Line Managers, R&D, Customer Service, BusinessDevelopment, other Oracle organizations.
Position requires demonstrated leadership in and direct supervision oftechnical aspects of product planning activities. May require travel to workclosely with customers and sales teams for technical/business assessment andanalysis of new and existing business opportunities as well as support futureproduct roadmaps based on technical/market requirements. Other duties asassigned.
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience working in fixed or mobile broadband industry orsimilar, with a strong working knowledge of telecommunication systems andprotocols.
• Experience defining software product requirements for engineeringorganizations. Software Engineering experience is a plus.
• Customer-facing experience creating solutions and defining requirements isrequired, preferably with tier-1 operators.
• Excellent communication, leadership and facilitator skills.
• Ability to solve business, technical, and logistical problems.
• Ability to work with others, communicate, and foster teamwork.
• Good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interface withvarious levels of customers, partners, and internal Oracle personnel for allaspects of the products.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).