The Solution Engineering Hub (SE Hub) is tasked with supporting the EMEA, APAC and Japan field presales teams in a diverse number of ways, ranging from answering tenders, customizing demos and building prototypes to directly supporting partners and/or customers with specific requests. At this center we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge, conceptualizing it into a solution in the area of Business Analytics (BI and Big Data) and combining this with a good commercial sense while working in an international environment.
As an analytics solution engineering consultant you get to work on the latest product offerings be it in the cloud or On premise in the field of Machine Learning and Data Science. It provides the chance to develop in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product/ solution expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge. Successful presales consultants are in high demand and have the opportunity to pursue a career path both in presales and in many different IT and non-IT functions.
• Answer Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal (Product Questions, Architecture and Infrastructure Questions)
• Assist in the creation of customized analytics demos
• Deliver Partner Enablement services
• Proactively support sales teams and partners in positioning Big Data as a key differentiator
• Maintain in depth and up to date knowledge of relevant business drivers & typical customer needs
• Ensure collaboration with industry presales teams, partners, the core technology presales community and sales.
• Actively develop product expertise
• Attend adequate product trainings; read relevant collateral, analyst reports, white papers, competitive documents etc
PROFILE: To fulfill the role of the analytics solution engineering Consultant we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
•Good understanding of the IT market/trends
•Experience in working with a relational database system -preferably Oracle but others are acceptable as well
·Experience on BI tools – OBIEE, BI Publisher, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, Cognos, Business Objects, Microstrategy etc
•Experience in Machine Learning & Data Science preferred
•Knowledgeable in IT architecture
•Good knowledge of SQL
• Good communication skills - able to articulate key messages very clearly
• Openness to work with different languages & cultures
• Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
• Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
• Eagerness to learn – you enjoy the challenge of getting to master new products in a very short timeframe
·Work experience in a similar role is an advantage
·Ability to speak, read, write foreign language is a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Staff Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate Oracle product*s strengths, features, benefits, and competitive advantages. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.3 - 5 years business experience preferred; vendor experience also preferred. 3 years relevant computer applications or database/tools preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Knowledge of system and application design preferred. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).