All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Android Systems Management Senior Software Developer
The Employee & Endpoint Services organization within Oracle IT is responsible for the management of endpoint devices used by Oracle Employees. Configuration management of the large device fleet requires highly automated and integrated systems. To address the associated complexity across Windows, Apple Mac, iOS and Android, we require additional talent to complement our current teams. We are looking for an individual with strong development skills and practical experience.
If you are an Android developer with system management experience this role is for you.
Our ideal candidate will be a solution-oriented person, willing to take the initiative.
• Develop an Android Device Management service based on Android management API
• Develop client-side code for Android to supplement server-side automation
• Analyse Android configuration/installation requirements and translate into automation logic
• Identify client health indicators for telemetry and write code for their collection
• Develop and test code for server-side software components and web applications
• Build web-service APIs or integrate with existing APIs
• Participate in the service transition process including documentation
• Ensure stable operation after go-live
• Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree
• Practical experience as system programmer for Android
• Practical experience with Android configuration management
• Familiarity with Android Management APIs and the Google device management eco-system
• Experience with system integration via web-services, Json, XML, etc.
• Solid analytical skills and quality orientation
• Understanding of UX centric design
• Familiarity with of the Go programming language, the Oracle Jet framework and Electron would be a plus
• Fluency in English
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire