Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Ocean Department.
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
Track and Trace Ocean Import Files
Use Global Ocean Import Wokflow Monitor on a daily basis and other reports and tools as available
Ensure documents are timely sent to customer or broker for customs purposes.
Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Shipping lines, trucking companies and others involved).
Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in customer SOP.
Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with oustanding integrity and pride.
Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
Attend training classes when required.
Complete mandatory training when required.
Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Expeditors’ Company Policies and Procedures
- Basic local regulatory knowledge for compliance (preferred)
- Understanding of ocean documentation process a plus
- Hazardous Materials certification (preferred)
- Understanding of Expeditors systems and procedures
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Fluent in English
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Positive and willing to help attitude
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
Education and Experience:
6 months to 1 year related experience and /or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Excellent customer service skills, including written and verbal communication in English.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, experience with MS Windows, MS Office Products
Expeditors offers benefit package:
- Meal tickets
- Private Medical subscription
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential
This position is based in Romania, Bucharest office.