Description : Summary / Objective
Summary / Objective
analyzes, designs and develops software enhancements and new modules; manages
development project from initial design through testing while providing strategic
1. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by
prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
2. Designs, develops and modifies programs, including prototypes.
3. Researches product development options and provides analysis for product
4. Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into
project objectives. Provides support regarding product development to internal
5. Manages and directs four to eight software developers. Evaluates employee
performance, sets expectations and goals for department and individual staff
members, recruits, disciplines and trains staff.
6. Creates related documentation.
A good understanding of any the following technologies is a plus :
iOS or Android SDKs, Cocoa Touch Framework, Objective-C development, Smarty, Django, Symfony
3. Project Management.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Performance Management.
6. Problem Solving / Analysis.
Required Education and Experience
1. At least six years of experience developing in php / mysql in a LAMP stack and HTML / CSS with project management experience.
2. B.S. in computer science, information systems or equivalent experience.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and / or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-
free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).