The position is first-level technical support for Life Sciences Cloud applications used predominantly for clinical studies. The role would entail providing technical support with assignments ranging from simple to complex in nature where judgment may be required in problem resolution and customer guidance.
The successful candidate must balance her or his product knowledge and skills with a high level of customer service objectives in all stages of work.
• First-level technical support for functionality questions, errors and Cloud unavailability; performance and technical issues (team does not handle non-technical issues)
• Restore service/functionality to the user with target of resolving circa 50% of technical issues; keep knowledge articles updated
• Receive, acknowledge & prioritize issues reported from customers via support requests and phone calls
• Triage role to route issues through to second-level technical support and Cloud hosting teams; act as a liaison between groups
• Handle communication re maintenance to customers from Cloud hosting teams
Skills we look for would be
· Essential > 1 year of experience in a technical support environment
· Essential - Customer Service Skills & Excellent Communication, both written and verbal
· Essential - Organizational skills and excellent timekeeping
· Essential - Excellent verbal and written English capacity
· Highly desired - Common IT applications and common hardware knowledge
· Highly desired - ITIL Certification and SQL query knowledge
· Desired – IT related degree
Ultimately, this is a mid-level support role for SaaS products providing technical assistance for how-to questions ranging from simple to complex in nature where judgment may be required in problem resolution and customer guidance.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree + technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).