- Run contract validation operations related to Enterprise License Agreements for N. America;
- Develop comprehensive and accurate research of customer contracts, establish licensing position, ensure/validate data collection from the customer and analyze and summarize customer usage based on a previously established set of business rules;
- Place customer calls and interact with other LOBs such as Sales, Contracts, Migrations, Support, Legal, Business Practices, Infoprice;
- Work with global LMS team members on various engagements and provide consultancy services;
- Work with the Business Services and Systems Management technical teams for defining technical requirements in order to automate the current activities;
- Work with Oracle customers and partners to understand their usage of Oracle products and services;
- Act as an analytical expert;
- Maintain and develop a high standard of awareness on Oracle products and their associated licensing terms and conditions, as well as Oracle’s business practices;
- Performs research / analysis of usage on technical data gathered from customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Advanced in one of the following languages is a plus: French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian;
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or economic field preferred;
- Good understanding of computer networks and architectures;
- Proven experience in customer facing activities;
- General/conceptual understanding of operating systems, hardware environment, software;
- Have solid knowledge about Oracle’s business practices, current and historic licensing metrics;
- Ability to interpret and apply technical concepts;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and quality checking;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent research, innovation and problem solving skills;
- Be able to work both independently and in team environment;
- Previous experience in customer service is a plus;
- Working globally experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of Oracle products and how they work in a customer environment is a plus;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software suites;
- Work on flexible time (shifts).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Leads LMS engagements remotely and on-site, leverages virtual teams through project management principles and collaboratively navigates the engagement from beginning to end. This is achieved by best matching which service offering suits the customer / partner engagement needs, obtaining an understanding of a customer/ partner’s IT environment and then recommending proper deployment of licenses. Through these activities, the Senior Consultant aims to transfer knowledge to our customers and partners throughout the engagement process to: Educate on Oracle licensing & business practices and their application. Equip with the skills, knowledge and/or tools needed to effectively manage Oracle licenses. Enable pro-active license control & management and the realization of the associated benefits. All services performed need the Senior License Consultant to have a thorough understanding of the customer’s/partner’s Oracle IT environment, including Oracle Applications, third party (or custom), and underlying system architecture. Some service types also entail the execution of system queries and installation of custom measurement scripts to obtain product usage data.
Maintains current and historical knowledge of LMS audit tools, processes, policies and technical specifications, and pursues continued understanding of corporate, organizational and licensing updates as it relates to LMS activities. Qualifies LMS engagements to determine most effective service category, scope and approach through data mining, interpretation of license agreements, analysis of transaction history and understanding customer / partner relationship to Oracle. Executes reviews through proactive management of cross-functional teams with timely accomplishment of review tasks and goals in order to gain a thorough understanding of their Oracle system environment and provide accurate licensing guidance. Actively builds internal and external relationships by establishing trust through accurate knowledge sharing, licensing guidance, and transparent engagement activities. Manages expectations of constituents involved in LMS engagement by working to resolve complex licensing issues leveraging Oracle’s contracts and business policies and presenting different options to achieve resolution. Progresses LMS engagements through active listening and persuasively articulating, both verbally and written, review status and direction. Ensures questions and concerns are given appropriate and timely consideration. Demonstrates balanced, impartial and timely judgment when making decision on the LMS engagement. Self-motivates to independently achieve personal and team LMS goals and objectives.
BA/BS degree in MIS, Business Administration, Finance, Legal or Accounting. 3-5 years experience in related field. Experience in Project Management Principles. Experience in working with C-level personnel. Ability to interpret and understand complex software licensing agreements and business practices and apply them to different scenarios. Ability to relate smaller concepts to the overall "big picture". Experience with executive-level presentations. Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.