Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combines the elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure to deliver high-performance, high availability and cost-effective infrastructure services.
We are looking for a manager with a strong technology and software support background, to lead a high profile of support engineers, supporting Oracle Linux and Oracle VM mainly on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI/OCI-C) covering IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VPNaaS, also on-premise systems; Engineered Systems, Cloud at Customer.
This position is for managing and leading a team that performs remote customer support of Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and VPNaaS products on Oracle Cloud and on-premise. The team’s primary responsibility is to diagnose, debug and resolve customer reported issues on Oracle Linux and Oracle VM family of products, working in partnership with Cloud Operations team, customers, other support teams and developers. The team members continually exercise and grow diverse skills, as they deliver the highest quality support possible to customers.
Day to day activities include (and not limited to), handling escalations, coaching, mentoring, planning, scheduling, workload management, engagement with complex customer problems, processing of customer satisfaction surveys. hiring and training new talent.
The team will be working in rotational shifts (night and day, early and late), including on weekends and public holidays (weekend/holiday shift premium allowance may be offered) with shifted week/weekend schemes.
Therefore the job includes organisation and management of rotational shifts in addition working different shifts, being on-call if necessary.
Work location is Bucharest, Romania
Required and desired skills include:
- 9+ years of relevant industry work experience
- 2+ years of team management experience in a corporate setting
- Experience in delivering technical support for enterprise software remotely
- Knowledge of Oracle Linux, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu and/or other Linux platforms
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Linux servers in production settings.
- Experience in diagnosing network configuration issues and network performance.
- Skills in network packet analysis and troubleshooting
- Awareness of routing protocols and IPSec, SWAN, DHCP, NAT, IPv6, Firewall technologies (iptables)
- Knowledge of system-level debugging
- Awareness of Virtualization and Cloud (Public or Private) Infrastructures.
- Customer focused with a pro-active and responsive approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Outstanding listening skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding customer interaction skills
- Experience in building high performing teams
- Capability of presenting highly technical information clearly and concisely
- Sound perspective and adaptability through situational leadership
- High effectiveness with coaching, mentoring and providing feedback
- Capability of managing several high level priorities simultaneously without reducing quality
- Escalation and complaint management experience
- Continuous improvement mindset along with handling change effectively
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions even in ambiguous situations
- Outstanding collaborative skills to work with multiple departments and support function areas
- Sound skills in building rapport
- Experience in Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration is a plus
- Experience working on remote management systems like ILOM, IMM, DRAC etc. is a plus
- Experience working on Linux containers (Docker, LXC) and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience working on OpenStack technologies is a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a first-level manager who has performed technical or professional duties in a support environment, a significant component of your duties will entail gaining knowledge of policies affecting staff and in development of effective management skills. You will interact frequently with customers and other managers. Bottom line, you will establish and communicate departmental objectives and implement plans to assure attainment of goals. Your team is likely to be comprised primarily of technical or other professionals.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. BS (or technical equivalent). In addition, 5 or more years of technical or professional experience in addition to one or more years of experience in a management or other leadership role (preferably in a support environment).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).